Sunday, November 2, 2008

Indulgences

"Give me the luxuries of life and I'll learn to live without the necessities."

I've read so much lately I don't quite know where I gleaned this little tidbit. We all have that little luxury that we never want to give up. When we were first married we could not afford paper towels. Now I'll skimp on meat to be able to afford paper towels. I really never want to think of myself that poor again.

All during my childhood my mother went to the beauty shop every week. We were never rich nor extravagant. My Daddy thought Sunday dinner out was going to Burger King, but Mama never missed her weekly hair appointment. She still goes.

My other little luxury is a glass of red wine before bed. I'll cut a lot of things out of my diet to shed a pound or twenty, but don't come between me and my night cap. It's good for the heart you know, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

What is that thing you don't want to give up? Ever!

2 comments:

All Wired Up TOO said...

*smiles..
I have to have COFFEE...I have many flavored ones..when I get the chance it's an indulgence for STARBUCKS .. we don't have a local one, I'll spend my last $5.00f or one and the concequences be damned!

My Inspired Reality said...

Ah, I don't want to give up anything:):) Moderation is the name of the game:)